Good news! I didn't get poked and prodded! Just got an ultrasound with the uncomfortable dildo cam!
Bad news! I go back in two weeks and that's when they will do blood work :(
So all that anxiety I had on Thursday I will have to relive next Thursday! UGH.
So it was 3:45 and I'm on my way to my doctor appointment and I'm having an anxiety attack while driving. Like, couldn't breath, trying not to cry, shaking and trying to drive all at the same time. (I do not like going to the doctor especially when I think needles are involved) Obviously..................
We get into the exam room and the nurse takes my blood pressure. 144/80. It was SO high because of my anxiety. My cheeks were literally red because of how fast my heart had been beating all day. She says ' That's high' I say 'I'm freaking out'.
Of course we sit in the room forfuckingever waiting for the doctor and I have no pants on.
He comes in asks about my pregnancy symptoms tells me to lay back and turns the lights off and gets ready to do the ultrasound! I was not prepared I thought he was coming in to do something else. I ask him if my husband can record it and he says of course!
Here is the video :))
And there's our little baby heartbeat and all!! Isn't it magical!! When we heard the heartbeat it literally took our breath away! Heartbeat was 136bpm! (So many exclamations points!!)
I have to admit. Its hard to show much emotion while your laying there in an awkward and uncomfortable position and that dildo cam is very very uncomfortable and while you want to tense up your whole body you have to relax, or so says the doctor. So I was trying to see my baby and focus on keeping my bottom half relaxed.
But trust me, it was an amazing moment in time. I wish I could have listened to that heartbeat for an hour.
Next visit, I will tell him to let me listen longer. I will demand it!!
After the ultrasound was done, he told me to put my pants on! I said no blood work?? He said nope that's next time.
I was so relieved but then it hit me that I'm just gonna have to worry about that for two more weeks damn it!!
I'm so glad we have video of this 'sometimes' once in a lifetime moment of hearing our baby's heartbeat at only 7 weeks along! I couldn't believe its heart was beating. I cant even explain how it feels. Like there is NO WAY that is inside of me!
So the baby was measuring exactly what I knew he would. 7 weeks 1 day on the day of the appointment. Due March 12. Which I had already calculated. Even if the doctor would have told me March 13th was the due date I would have been like No. we're gonna say its the 12th. Because 12 is our number :)


No comments:
Post a Comment