I tested on Wednesday night before we left for our road trip to South Dakota. I took one of the cheap WONDFO tests, which is all I have ever had because I use their OPKs too. Amazon
I had been having crazy symptoms and just knew something was different. But never in a million years did I think we would get pregnant. I still can not believe it. For YEARS I thought I could not get pregnant. I even cried to my doctor last August during my annual saying that I just wish I knew what was wrong with me!
This is crazy! But me and my husband are So excited and scared to death at the same time!
This is pretty much the timeline of events on that exciting night!
I look at the test and see a very faint pink line.
To my husband: Babe um..... omg.. I think I see two lines. (As my hands and whole body start shaking nervously....)
Husband: No
me: Yes! I see two lines! This is not right!??
Husband: No... you can barely see the other line. That is really light
Me: I know! But babe, on a preg test a line is a line!!
After a while of going back and forth saying this cant be right, there's NO WAY this worked the first time and just nervous laughing.
Me: We need to go to Wal-Mart and get more tests.
So we do... at like 10 at night while we are trying to pack and get ready for a 10 hour road trip at 7 the next morning.
We get back from Wal-Mart and I don't take the test immediately. I think we were both just scared to see the words PREGNANT on a test...
I do have to point out that we were SO exhausted from the earlier excitement and running around trying to get ready for a trip and working all day. We just couldn't decide if we should wait till the morning to test again. I felt like I was even too tired to be THAT excited.
But right before bed I decided to use a digital Clearblue test.
I pee on it and put it right back in the package and don't even look at it.
I leave it on the counter in the bathroom and I leave the bedroom and go do some other stuff, cause I was seriously really nervous.
I guess while I was off in the house doing other stuff, hubby decides to take a peek.
I walk back into the bedroom and he just looks at me with this look I cant even describe. Disbelief and excitement I guess is what he looked like lol
He says 'you need to go look'
And I'm smiling as I'm walking into our bathroom because I knew by the way he said that, .. its a Big Fat your Pregnant!
Just shock. And being scared to freaking death about what was about to happen to us.
So we go on our trip the next day. That night we tell my Dad and Stepmom. I told my stepmom first by just saying ' I gotta show you something' This was actually a really scary and difficult thing to do. I guess because it was still so fresh and new in our minds that I thought it could be a cruel joke my body was playing on me?
But I show her the test and she literally thought I was pulling a prank on her. I kept saying no this is for real. I took that test last night!!!!
She was SO excited.
And then I had to tell my dad. Let me tell you, I am the biggest daddy's girl! I love that man SO much. I was so nervous to tell him. I just didn't know how he would react. I knew he wouldn't react in a bad way but if your a daddy's girl then you could understand how kinda awkward it is to tell your dad your knocked up. I mean that obviously had to mean you've been having sex!! LOL
My dad walks in and we try to change the subject. The room got very very awkward because it was silent and my dad looked confused and he just knew something was up but he didn't say anything. Then finally I didn't know any other way to say it so I just sit on the bed and OMG Dad! Look!!!!!
And I show him the test. He just stared at it with big eyes for a few seconds and was like that's yours!?!? Haha After that we just talk and try to let it settle in.
Next we need to tell my in-laws. They cant wait to have a grandbaby. I know their reaction is gonna be epic. I have literally dreamed of the day we could tell them we are pregnant. and I want it to be perfect.
I need to tell my mom and siblings! And then I need to tell my Best Friend.
Oh and while we were in SD I probably took 5 tests while we were there. I had to keep seeing that line!
And I took a test this morning with my first morning urine.. Look at that line!!!!!
Yay!!! <3 First appointment is July 25th!


No comments:
Post a Comment