Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Midwife or.....

Or I really don't know. I have to make a decision like now. I have to send over this paper to the OB to request my medical records for the Midwife. I never did update how that went.

Well, it went really good. I like the midwife we met Ruth Cobb. I more then like her. She was great. There are like one or two other midwives that I will meet eventually when I do my prenatal appointments. She was super cool and easy to talk to and totally understood everything I said. Which is the complete opposite of how its been at the OB.

Like I have said in past posts, my OB just was not personable at all. Ever since I've been going to him for my prenatal care, he has never once asked if I had any questions. And every single time I mention that to a friend they say 'Oh that is not ok. That is a red flag right there.' Which I have known in my heart I was not getting what I deserved. We love the guy personality wise. He is funny but it is literally all about getting me in and out. I just don't think that is right considering how much doctors make $. They should make time for their patients.

Now on to my wonderful Midwife and birthing center. One really cool thing that happens at the birthing center. Every prenatal appt, when I go in I get to weigh myself and take my own blood pressure. Do you understand how to read blood pressure? No? Neither do I. Its just numbers. I have no clue what they mean. But with going to a Midwife, they want you to understand those numbers and they want you to know how to take your own blood pressure and weigh yourself so you can see your own weight and realize if you are gaining too much too fast etc. I love it. It makes total sense. And knowing something about blood pressure could be useful for my baby in the future.

I know they can do ultrasounds. I am pretty sure they are not all high tech like the OBs office tho. But I think that will be ok. I asked her if they will do an ultrasound at every appointment and she said Only if you ask. We don't do them unless the mom wants it. Which is fine. I will just ask for it every time :)

So we just talked and talked about my birthing plan and how I want things during that time. Even my husband piped in with questions which was great. We both felt so comfortable. Then she took us on a little tour. She also went ahead and scheduled my next prenatal appointment which is Oct 3rd. If for any reason we decide not to use the midwife or birthing center, she said to just call and cancel. No big deal.

The birthing center is actually a house turned into a bc. Which makes it so comfortable. There is a fully functioning kitchen, the living room is the waiting area with two couches that family can use if they decide to visit and wait
 
There are two birth suites. One is the King of the birthing suites the other is just a bed in the bedroom.
 
This is the smaller birthing room. Its cute but its just a bed. This room is pretty much only used if the first birthing room is occupied. And she said that rarely ever happens.

 
This is the first birthing room. Its amazing to say the least. I will be using that tub to labor in, possibly give birth in.
 
 
 
I mean seriously. Who would NOT want to labor and birth in a room like that. I just know in my heart this is where I should be. Not in a hospital where there are too many interventions that could happen. And needles and IVs. My worst nightmare.
 
I totally see me and my husband and our birthing team in there getting me through labor and birth. And I can envision my best friend coming up there while I am in labor to comfort me and tell me all kinds of amazing things. And I can just see our family there when the baby is born. Its so exciting to think about that day we meet this little one. I cant wait.
 
The one and only reason we would go to a hospital is if mine or the babies life is in serious danger. Then hell yea load me up in the car and get my ass to the hospital. But I do not see that happening. I will keep a positive attitude this entire pregnancy. I know my baby will be healthy and will be better off being delivered completely natural, not full of drugs.
 
So I guess I have my mind made up. I don't know why I'm scared to send this paperwork off. I know this is what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment