Wednesday, February 19, 2014

37 weeks today!!

I am a bit excited!! I have reached a huge milestone! I am officially considered Early Term.. That does not mean it is ok for baby to come. He still needs to cook for a couple weeks. But it is still exciting to be SO close!

Here is this in case you were wondering.. (and so when pregnant women are wanting to scream to the world that they are 37 and full term, you will know they are wrong ;) )
• Early term: Between 37 weeks 0 days and 38 weeks, six days
• Full term: Between 39 weeks and 40 weeks, six days
• Late term: Between 41 weeks and 41 weeks, six days
• Post term: 42 weeks and beyond


Your baby is now more suitably equipped for the time after the birth: his ears are fully formed on the outside and inside and he is used to hearing the sound of your blood circulating and your heart beating, and he recognizes your voice.


How far along: 37 weeks today!

Weight gain: 152 so still between 20-25 which is good

Maternity clothes: Meh.. I just wear whatever I can get to cover this belly.

Stretch marks: They actually look like they are lightening. No marks on my belly but they have been on my hips

Symptoms: Braxton hicks are becoming more frequent and more noticable.
Its of course harder then ever to get comfortable for sleep. Or even just sitting on the couch. It takes a lot of effort to move, get up or down from anything, I literally have to roll out of bed.
Lots of pelvic pressure. He is probably starting to engage...
And LOTS of pressure on my bladder from him! Like painful at times and I have to cross my legs as a reflex reaction Lol
Insomnia.
Full on waddling.. Like this
The 25 Most Important Penguin Gifs On The Internet
Belly button in or out: Out

Sleep: We're just not gonna go there... I'm tired(literally) of bitching about it.

Movement: His movements now are more like squirming. He's getting so big and running out of room that when he stretches out its like an alien trying to come out of my stomach! Like this.. but this was mild. He can stick a foot or leg or whatever out way more then this



Cravings: are so random. Nothing specific.

Looking forward to: Just getting this ball rolling! OH and my work baby shower is Friday!

Other: I have been going to the Chiropractor on Mondays and I will probably keep going until the end.
I have a midwife appointment tomorrow and I think they will be weekly now. I also have my GBS swab tomorrow :/ I hope I pass that!
Oh and I will be refusing any and all cervical checks. They are so unnecessary and I could be 3cm dilated for weeks and that does not mean anything. It just gets our hopes up and there is no point in knowing at this point.
I still need to pack my bag.. I am SO procrastinating on this. Like for real. I need to just do it.
Also need to finish my birth plan..
Jeez.. I guess its about that time to wash all the newborn clothes and blankets!! Wow.


 Wanted to take some pictures this last week of the belly just doing the normal stuff. So I can remember :)



No comments:

Post a Comment