We are lucky enough to fly standby D3 because my father in law works at AA, which means we get ridiculously good prices for tickets. If any of you know what standby is, it is a blessing and a curse all at the same time. Your fate can change in an instant. We were supposed to leave for Virginia today but the flight is full :(
I have cried uncontrollably several times and I'm emotionally drained because of it. I might sound like a brat or it could be because I am pregnant and hormonal but that could be just an excuse. But every minute that passes is another minute I am not spending with my Dad and it breaks my heart..
Pray we get on the earliest flight tomorrow and get to Virginia in the afternoon.. Until then I will eat everything in sight and drown my sorrows with food. Sounds good to me.
You don't sound like a brat at all! Standby is stressful and even though it's free and amazing, it's SO hard not having set in stone plans. I think it's natural to stress out completely when things fall through. It always eventually comes together though!
ReplyDelete