I went ahead bit the bullet and ordered a Fetal Doppler. Clicky
I debated for a week or so and read review after review opinion after opinion. Then finally just said F*ck it, I'm getting one. Because I WANT to hear my baby's heartbeat. For one, to help me not worry between Dr appointments, two: when your at the doctor and they let you hear the heartbeat its literally for like 4 seconds and then they take it away! Well maybe I wanted to listen to it for 20 seconds doc!!!? Third, because its one of the most amazing things to listen to and hear in your entire life as a woman carrying her possibly ONLY child! So I just got my own.
Of course, I had to tell myself that there would be a chance I couldn't figure it out and that I would never hear the heartbeat. I knew I wouldn't let myself freakthefuckout.
Well I got the doppler last night and couldn't wait to try!
I tried for probably 10 minutes or so laying bed and couldn't hear anything that would sound like a baby HB. I did hear lots of sounds and I could even hear my arteries beating and what not. I knew the baby's HB would be a fast distinct sound. That once you hear it, you know and you never forget what it sounds like.
I was looking a little under my belly button and to the sides and nothing. So I stopped and took a break and sat out in the living room and watched Big Brother while doing some research on my phone about any tips for using the doppler. I watched a YouTube video, a VLOG I follow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyNin-igEl0
And then I knew I had to try again.
This time I went way way lower. Literally right above the pubic bone. And after searching for just a little while, I heard it. That wonderful wonderful sound of the baby's heart. A rush of love and joy ran through me, and relief... Definitely relief.
I found the sweet spot and the doppler recorded a HB of 163 at the highest. That is a great HB! Then he/she started moving around in there and the slightest movement of the baby and you will lose it on the doppler. But you just keep moving it around and you'll eventually find it again. My husband loved it too.
I went to bed so happy and in love.
Now I will tell you about how I felt the baby today. Some might side eye a FTM (first time mom) that says she can feel the baby move before week 16 or so.. But it CAN happen.
I was sitting at my desk working. And I felt this flutter and kind of a thud way down there. Exactly where I can find the heartbeat is where I felt this. So it was like the baby was in the perfect spot right at the front of my uterus to where I could actually feel it. And from the last ultrasound we know the baby is super active and moves a lot and that was three weeks ago. The baby is like double in size now.
Some might say, Oh you just felt gas. No.. I know what gas bubbles feel like. Trust me. This was such a distinct and totally different feeling then I have ever felt before that I literally stopped what I was doing, and said OMG out loud and just knew that it was the baby.
It was the coolest thing EVER!!! If I had any doubt it was not the baby, I would not be wasting the time to write about it. I know it wasn't gas. I know it was my baby. And I cant wait to feel more
No comments:
Post a Comment