
Of course, we wont actually know until birth. But, we are doing a gender reveal party in October when we get the ultrasound to determine the sex! (Hopefully the ultrasound is 100% correct LOL)
But I write this post because something just hit me! I will be completely happy with either boy or girl!
Ever since I got pregnant, actually, even before we were trying, we wanted a boy. No matter what. We had our minds set on boy. Of course, we know we cant literally control the outcome of what the baby is.
We have an awesome boy name picked out and are so excited to use it and if I have a boy first then he will carry on the Foster name and we can stop there with one child!! If we have a girl, we might have to try for another and hope for a boy. I don't particularly want more then one kid.
Being pregnant now without any kids to take care of is hard enough. I could not and DO NOT want to be pregnant again and have to take care of the first child UNLESS, their age difference is far enough apart that my first child can pretty much fend for his or her self. I hear so many women complain about how hard it is. That scares the shit outta me.
And I feel SO much pressure by my husband and his family that we HAVE to have two kids at least. I hate that pressure!
Listen people, I never even wanted one kid. Stop telling me I have to have two! Just for the first child to have a sibling.
I come from a big family. I know what its like to have a lot of siblings. And I remember thinking, though I LOVE LOVE all my siblings, I always wished I was an only child. Not only because I would have been spoiled rotten, but then I wouldn't have seen my parents struggle trying to take care of so many damn kids! Its amazing what I remember from my childhood and as a kid thinking, I'm never having kids. My parents seem so stressed and broke all the time and its all because of kids!
Anyway, I'm off subject. My childhood is a whole 'nother depressing post or novel in itself.
I have been thinking a lot lately about what if we have a girl! Girls literally scare me. Especially when they are teenagers. There is just nothing you can do to make them happy. Its so scary. And so damn expensive. They are asking for jeans that are $100 a pair for Christmas and shit! WTF. I've never spent that much on one clothing item for myself. Why in the hell does a 16 year old deserve or NEED $100 jeans! I do understand the pressures from school and other girls to have to have the best stuff. ( I use this example because my 17 year old sister wanted some $100 jeans for last Christmas and my mom bought them!) It was ridic. I could see that happening if that was the ONE AND ONLY gift.
I guess I'm gonna be a mean mom, cuz if my crazy ass teenager thinks she would be getting more for any holiday after getting $100 jeans, well then she's gonna hate me. Moving on.. we'll save that for when I actually do have a teenage girl LOL
I have been imagining having a baby girl and all the pink and hair bows! I get kinda excited about that. I'm pretty sure we have decided on a name and I am so in love with it! It was really really hard picking out a girl name.
But thinking about all the girly stuff has me more excited to have a girl and I just have to document this moment LOL We will see how I feel when that time actually comes :)
I cant wait until March to have this baby! I'm already over being pregnant :/ So come on Baby Foster everyone is so ready to meet you. Especially mommy! But stay in this oven until you are done baking. We don't need you undercooked :)
No comments:
Post a Comment