Thursday, August 1, 2013

Announcing our Pregnancy to the world

I finally announced our pregnancy news to the world (Facebook) on Tuesday. I did it with an adorable picture of our fur babies. Perfection, right!?? They are little shits, adorable, but little shits.
 
I was extremely nervous to do it. Thanks to my BFF/sister/bestie all of the above, she kept telling me to Just do it! So I did!
 
I will tell you why I was nervous about letting the world know.
Over the last three and a half years me and my husband have been together, people have been talking about our 'future baby'. There were SO many people that were literally waiting for the day that this would be announced.
During these many years I would get asked All.The.Time. When is it your turn to have a baby, when are you having children blah blah. It got worse after we got married. Like people expect you to pop out a kid just because you say 'I do'. I don't think so... We needed to enjoy just us for a while. And there were things we wanted to do before getting strapped down forever with a kid.
  
I would always try to blow it off and not show much interest in actually having kids. Because honestly I spent my whole life NOT wanting kids. Kid. I should say. I don't want kidS Plural.
 
After I married Chris, I knew I wanted to have a kid with him. How could we not.. I wanted to give him his child. But I would never ever admit that to people when they asked. I just rolled my eyes at the thought of a baby. I think it had a lot to do with me thinking I couldn't get pregnant also. I had a resentment towards people asking us when we were having a baby because, Listen up people!! Its not as easy as all you make it look!! If I didn't do what I did to get to know my cycles better and understand what happens with my body every month, there's no way we would be pregnant right now.
 
Getting pregnant was a complete shock to us even though we actually started trying. Its truly a miracle and blessing from God. And I completely believe in 'Everything happens for a reason'. There is NO doubt in that at all!
 
The support from our friends and family when I announced it made me glad I did. Most women will wait up to when they are out of the first trimester to spread the news. I did not want to wait that long. But I did have reservations about telling this early. I am still early in my pregnancy and I know something can still go wrong. And if something does go wrong, now I will have to let the whole world know. Hopefully that time never comes.
 
If feeling like crap 24/7 means my baby is still growing, well then he should be perfectly fine right now because first trimester sucks. I really hope second tri is all puppies and rainbows like people say.
 
But for now, just Grow Baby Foster Grow!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment