Have you heard of it? I dont recall ever hearing about it until I became pregnant and watched and read a lot about natural birth.
I think I am going to try it! Especially since I am almost in my third trimester. Holy cow! Next week!
I have heard of RRL helping with labor and to start drinking like 2 glasses a day during your thrid tri.
Here is some info on it:
The increased vitamin A intake, in the form of carotenoids of RRL can aid the women’s immune system as well as facilitate healthy skin and bone development for the baby. The Vitamin E helps to promote better circulation in the mother whose blood volume dramatically increases during pregnancy. RRL contains an easily assimilated form of calcium. An increased availability of calcium is necessary in controlling nerve response to pain during childbirth and in aiding bone development in the baby. The presence of fragrine allows the uterus to contract more powerfully and effectively during labor. The high vitamin and mineral content helps to replace those that are lost via blood loss in delivery. The alkaloids that are present will also aid in toning the uterus after birth as it returns back to its usual size.
Pretty much to sum it up....
It strengthens the uterus and pelvic muscles which some midwives say leads to shorter and easier labors. I am hoping that this will help me during my labor and delivery! I mean what can it hurt. I wish I was more on top of staying in the best shape and preparing myself for this birth but I am doing what I can I guess. I am reading testimonials about it and seeing how it helped other women during birth and I am seeing a lot of goods things.
I will update on it when I get it and see how it tastes. I hope its good :/ Mama Natural said it worked for her, and I trust her judgement! :)
Pregnancy Related Benefits of Red Raspberry Leaf Tea:
-It increases fertility in both men and women (drink for a few months while trying to conceive).
-Prevents miscarriage and postpartum hemorrhage by helping to tone the uterus thus creating a relaxed (atonic) uterus.
-Eases morning sickness
-Reduces pain during labor and after birth: By toning the muscles used during labor and delivery RRL eliminates many of the reasons for a painful delivery and prolonged recovery. It does not, however, counter the pain of pelvic dilation.
-Assists in the production of plentiful breast milk
-Can help make labor faster: RRL works to encourage the uterus to let go and function without tension. It doesn’t strengthen contractions but it does allow the uterus to work more efficiently
-Studies show that women taking RRL have a reduced incidence of artificial rupture of membranes, forceps delivery or cesarean
Here are other uses for RRL
-Treating the common cold or flu (Treat with a RRL fast. Drink only the tea while your symptoms persist. Once your symptoms are gone return to eating fresh fruits/vegetables.)
-Treating sore throat
-Treating diarrhea (Drink 6 cups a day to treat diarrhea)
-Regulating a menstrual period and decreasing heavy periods (Drink 2-3 cups per day. After 2-3 months you should obtain a regular cycle.)
-Treating Acne: It can act as an astringent on irritated skin by tightening the top layers of skin which effectively reduces secretions, relieves irritation and improves tissue firmness.
-Can be used as a mouth wash to soothe mouth and throat irritations
-Can lower blood sugar in those suffering with diabetes (Those with diabetes must take care not to take RRL in too high of doses or it could actually cause their blood sugar to drop too low).
I am all about finding stuff that helps couples that are trying to conceive. If I would have heard of this while we were TTC I would have tried it. I was trying almost anything. Another website said: For those trying to improve fertility, three or more cups can be consumed daily. I suggest it to fertility clients and take it myself daily. I’ve seen it ease the symptoms of PMS, endometriosis, and it is helpful for couples who are trying to conceive.

No comments:
Post a Comment