Tuesday, December 3, 2013

25 week bumpdate and midwife appointment

Holy Cow! I cannot believe this last week was 25 and tomorrow is 26. Those numbers just dont seem real. Early on in my pregnancy I couldnt wait to be this far along just because those big numbers seem so exciting! Now I cant wait to hit the 30 week mark.

I had a midwife appointment last Monday but never posted about it because of the busy holiday and stuff.
This appointment we had a Midwife intern sitting in with our Midwife. And I really liked her. She is really smart and has a lot of education and is actually a phsycologist or something like that. And we actually talked a lot about hypnosis and hypnobabies. There is hypnobabies and hypnobirthing and she said if your gonna do one do HypnoBABIES.

She explained that this technique is not widely known in our area, which has to be completely true because I havent heard much about it. I have heard about it from watching YouTube and reading forums and stuff but I never really researched it. And I kind of wish I had researched it earlier on in my pregnancy. I feel like I might be too late in the game to start hypnobabies. I actually dont even know the first step to start it. She is the only hypnobabies instructor or teacher in our area. Seriously no one knows about this stuff. Its more widely known on the coasts... Which makes sense. It takes longer for stuff to come in to the central states.
I cant explain it all on this post but if you are wondering exactly what it is click here. It really is interesting and I have watched YouTube videos of moms going through labor while using Hypnobabies and they literally dont even make any kind of sign that they are uncomfortable. Dont believe me... Watch this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnpKBIJuPHM
She actually uses Hypnobirthing but you can still see kind of what its about. I was amazed that she pretty much didnt make a peep through her entire labor and delivery. I hope mine is just as peaceful.

Another thing that was brought up at the appointment was that I am due for my Glucose Test at the next appointment. I have literally been dreading this since I saw those two beautiful pink lines. The first test is an hour long test. I have to drink this really sugary orange drink. Some people said it was absolutely horrific others have said its really not that bad just chug it down. I plan on just chugging it Lol
And then an hour after you drink this drink you get your blood drawn. Yes its just one draw, but if you know me... Needles are my worst %&#%$ nightmare. So I have been kind of on edge knowing this is happening in just a few short weeks. Well if I DONT pass this test then I have to take a 3 hour glucose test.. let me just say you have to get blood taken 3 times in 3 hours. And I'm gonna stop there because I literally cant even think about that really happening. I WILL pass this first test. God PLEASE!
She also mentioned my weight and the fact that in a month I have gained about 8 pounds or so. I guess the 'norm' is supposed to be a pound a week. Which it has been! And I dont feel like I have gotten bigger anywhere other then this huge belly. And they measure my belly and it is measuring exactly on point! I was so so super frustrated. She started talking about my 'diet', not lose weight diet, but eat healthy diet. That just isnt gonna happen. I have never in my life had to 'watch what I eat' or have ever had a problem with weight. I guess I need to 'stay' away from the sweets. Because I have really been craving sweets like crazy. Like pie, or rice crispie treats or cookies. But its not like I sit at my desk all day and eat candy bars because I absolutely dont do that. I left this appointment feeling very stressed and defeated.
Girls at work have told me not to worry just keep eating like I have. Diabetes doesnt run in my family and I probably have nothing to worry about. But it also doesnt change that scared feeling I have in the back of my mind.
Now on to my bumpdate.

This image shows the baby in profile, this time in 3D. The coils of the umbilical cord are just seen in the background passing behind the baby's head. The eyelids can be seen, still firmly closed. Fat reserves are now giving the face a much more rounded contour.

With fingers held up to the cheek, eyes closed, and the ear just visible in the background, this image shows a very peaceful baby. To the left, the umbilical cord is visible on its way to the placenta, seen further to the left.


 

How far along? 25 weeks 6 days
What fruit size is your baby? cauliflower!  
Belly in Inches:
Symptoms: Back pain. Freaking pain. Seriously it sucks how much I feel like I should be 90 years old :( I am in constant aching pain. Indigestion.   
Stretch marks? I have them on my hips. Hopefully they never show up on my belly. But even the ones on my hips dont look like normal big stretch marks. They are just little red marks that can easily be covered up.
Weight gain: I am up to 139
Sleep: Sleep is good. Other then just tossing and turning and having to sleep with 3 pillows to TRY to get comfortable. And then of course I wake up in the middle of night a lot and cant fall back asleep.
Best moment this week: Was getting the glider for the Nursery! :) and Thanksgiving and getting my early Christmas present! 
Food cravings: I dont really have any particular cravings. I am pretty boring. My husband even said so. He was looking forward to the weird stuff I would eat. Haha 
Belly Button in or out? Its definetly not an innie anymore. But its not sticking out. I guess its just kinda flat. Its so funny!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Nursery update: I got my glider last week.



 
Looking forward to: Going to our first birthing class this weekend. They will be every Saturday at 10am for the next 10 weeks. I hope we learn so much and I know its gonna make the time fly by!


This belly is so big!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment