Thursday, December 26, 2013

Its been so busy lately  :( I'm just ready for a break. I would have rather have just spent our last Christmas just the two of us in the Virgin Islands or something, well wouldn't we all Lol. I'm exhausted. Work has just completely overwhelmed me. I could seriously bitch about work all day long right now. Its about on my last damn nerve.

Monday I had my glucose test. I don't know the results. But I hope to God I pass. It was bad enough getting one blood draw, I couldn't imagine having to do three. But I do have to admit that getting my blood drawn at the birthing center compared to the OB was night and day. The care is just so different.

They let me go into one of the bedrooms and try to relax on the bed and the nurse that came in to take it is just the sweetest lady. Her name is Donna and she is just so sweet. And she did SO good at my blood draw. I handled it way better then last time. I still had a slight panic attack but nothing like when I was at the OB.
She let me sit on the bed and drink some water and eat a cheese stick to calm down afterwards. I just LOVE the environment I will be having our baby in. Oh and the orange glucose drink, it tastes like the juice that is at the bottom of an orange popsicle. Its super sweet and syrupy. Its not delicious or anything but its doable. I literally did it while driving in about 2 minutes.

Also on Monday we had a 3d/4d ultrasound! It was incredible like always. Our son is adorable and getting so big and strong! I have a CD full of pictures and the DVD of the whole appointment.

We got to watch him practice breathing and we could see him practicing his sucking and swallowing. I mean it was just amazing! I love him so much and I just want it to be March already!

I made all the parents (to be grandparents) Christmas gifts. They turned out so cute but I forgot to take pictures. And they each had the picture above in the frame that said Love at first sight. They turned out so cute.

Yesterday was Christmas. Ugh. I'm really such a scrooge. It was ok. I really dont even want to get into the details of it though. I'm just glad its over and now just gotta get over with New Years. I of course cant go out and get crazy and nor would I want to. I will be extremely happy with being in bed by 9 and sleeping in and NOT being hungover. Yes that sounds amazing. :)

Tomorrow night I have a dinner to go to. Just a girls dinner. And I'm only going to see Lacey and Jayme cuz that is all I will know anyway. But I know I cant stay long. I'm already so tired just thinking about it. I wish people would just come to my house and see me instead of me always driving everywhere to do stuff. But I need to see my best friends for a little while. I miss them.

Hope everyone had a happy holiday! Now on to a new year!


No comments:

Post a Comment