Monday, May 12, 2014

Yesterday was Mothers day

I am not going to get into how 'special' this day is and blah blah. Because I am SO NOT into these little holidays. They put too much pressure on people in my opinion. I get that mothers need to be appreciated, I get that more then EVER now that I am one. Holy shit we deserve a holiday everyday.

I just hate the pressure of HAVING to buy something, which I don't, for my mom. That doesn't mean I don't appreciate her times a million, because I do. I just think cards and flowers are a waste of money.

And then facebook is just FULL of mothers day crap. I just find it annoying.

 

Anyway, I specifically find this day kind of insulting and hurtful for the women who haven't been able to become mothers. I have felt this way for a long long time every single year. I remember hating this day because I was a bit resentful because I couldn't ever get pregnant with our own baby.

It just felt like a slap in the face. And just because I am a mom now, doesn't mean I expect a million gifts and to be all of sudden looked at differently.

 

I get that some people wanna go all out for their mothers and they have every right to do that. But cant you do that randomly through out the year instead of this one specific day when everyone is pressured to do so?

 

I dunno.. I'm sure I sound like an idiot. And I'm sure ya'll are feeling sorry for my mom because I don't go all out and get flowers and a card and gifts and all this crap. I let her know I appreciate her through out the year.

 

My mom has done the best she can for us. There are times we have needed her immediately and we needed her to bail us out of a bad situation and she is there NO MATTER WHAT. I am always amazed at how selfless she can be.

Kids are a pain in the ass!! And they always rely on their mom to get them through a crap situation. And a good mom is always there for you. I don't know how my mother does it. It always amazes me and we take advantage of it most of the time and she deserves better.

I cant count how many times me and my brother have been stuck in trouble or needed someone to help us right then and the first person we are calling is our mom and not once has she refused to be there for us right that second.

 

Anyway, I just wanna take the time to tell the women who have been trying to start a family and have always had trouble that I think about you all day on mothers day. You are on my mind the entire day.

Women who have lost a baby, or carried a baby full term and never got to see that baby smile. That is who I am thinking of on mothers day. Because you are all mothers to me...




1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the "small" holidays but this one hurts, I did distract myself by taking my mom out to dinner tho :) and she kept saying "best Mothers Day ever!" so that made me happy.

    I am so happy you are a mother now. Aunt Lacey needs to come see that baybay!!

    ReplyDelete