Yesterday was my 6 week post partum visit with my midwives. I decided not to schedule it with the doctor that did my csection. I was just not very comfortable with her checking me at all. She was pretty rough in the hospital and it was not comforting.
And I guarantee she wouldn't even remember who the hell I was. But that is the difference between doctors and midwives. Doctors don't care who the hell you are.. midwives genuinely care and get to KNOW YOU.
At my visit she checked my uterus and said everything looked good and cleared me for normal activity. But I don't feel comfortable getting too crazy like lifting really heavy stuff or running and stuff like that.
She was checking my scar and something interesting that I learned is that the layers that are stitched inside of me wont heal for another 6 to 8 months. That is just crazy to hear. Csections are NO fun and its amazing how long the recovery really is.
We discussed birth control and I haven't made a decision with that. I've never had to figure out birth control since I've spent more then 10 years thinking I could never get pregnant. But I'll have to figure something out.
We also talked about my options if we ever decide to have another baby. I could do a VBAC and my midwives do them. But that will be something to think about in the very very small chance that I want to have another baby.
While I was there I asked if I could get all of my labor notes. And of course they gladly made copies of them for me. I knew these would help me put the pieces together. I told her that I am still having trouble remembering everything during my labor and its been killing me ever since I had Jaxon. I hate having these blacked out spots during those 4 days.
I am in the process of also getting my labor notes from the hospital. But I know that will be more of a pain in the ass to get. While I was at the birth center I called the hospital to see what I had to do to get my labor notes and they said I can go up there and request them. It would end up costing me .50cents a page and who knows how long it would take for them to actually pull the records.
So my midwives are faxing over a request for my medical records and it wont cost anything. Hopefully it doesn't take forever for the hospital to send over those records. I need those to finish my birth story.
I have been working on my birth story for weeks. I haven't been messing with it every single day but when I get the writing itch I sit down and try to figure out what happened little by little. I want my birth story to be perfect. There are SO many details and I unfortunately cant remember them all so its taking me a while to put it all together. But I think getting all of my labor notes will help put my story together.
One thing that has helped are the pictures that were taken during my labor. Each picture has the time it was taken. When I figured that out, I was so excited to be able to have some kind of timeline.
I am writing my birth story in 'chapters' or parts. So I'm starting it off explaining why I made the decision to go natural and why I chose a midwife and chose a birth center. I didn't want to just jump into the labor part. I want people to know why I chose to have a natural birth and how important it is to research your options.. I also include my experience with the OB I was seeing at the beginning of my pregnancy and my experience with that.
The second part of my birth story will be the day before I went into labor, the day I went into the labor and the whole time at the birth center.
And then the third part will be the hospital experience and the birth and the days in the hospital.
This visit at the birth center was my last official scheduled visit :( I was sad to leave. I feel so absolutely comfortable there with my midwives. They are such beautiful people and having midwives was the best decision I've ever made. What a great experience it has been. But that doesn't mean its completely over. I will be making visits up there to see them. I couldn't just never see them again.
I got to take home my card that I had to keep my vitals recorded on. When I went in for every visit I pulled my card and went and weighed myself and took my own blood pressure and heart rate and had to record it on this card.
I have to point out the date of 12-23 and 1-23 my blood pressure was the highest on those days because those are the days I had to take my 1 hour and 3 hour glucose tests. I find it funny that its such a noticeable difference on those specific days. Also notice that my very first visit to the birth center I weighed 129 and I also weigh that much on my last visit! Woot!
Here are my labor notes. You might be able to read them. This is just at the birth center. Not including everything that happened at the hospital. That is a lot of pages of birth notes!!! 4 pages..

No comments:
Post a Comment