I am NOT looking forward to this and I am going to see if we can maybe spread them out so he doesn't have like 5 shots in one visit. I just feel like that is torture for a poor little infant :( breaks my heart. I just hope he doesn't scream and cry that painful cry that makes mommas cry. I cant do it. I wish I could see spending the money on this little gadget. Its Buzzy. A brief description of how it works:
helps kids with unpleasantness from splinters to needle procedures by using natural pain relief. His wings are icy cold, and his tummy vibrates when you touch his head. This confuses your body’s nerves to block sharp feelings, just like rubbing a bumped elbow helps stop the hurt, or cool running water soothes a burn. When you put Buzzy near a poke, burn, or other minor sharp pain, you mostly feel Buzzy doing his thing. Since it’s over the counter, families can buy Buzzy, or ask if their doctor or hospital already has it.

Also this coming weekend my brother is getting married on Sunday and we are driving to Eureka Springs for that. We aren't staying, we'll be driving back home the same day. But my dad and stepmom and my brother Alex will come back with us and stay a couple nights! We cant wait to see them again and I cant wait for them to see Jaxon again and see how big he is since they saw him when he was three weeks old.
And Memorial day is next Monday so while they are here we are thinking of spending the day at the lake near our cabin. Maybe take the boat out and hopefully the waverunner will be working. If the weather is nice and we're up for it.
This weekend we hit a milestone! I hope its a lasting one. Jaxon slept through the night!!
Thursday night I slept out on the couch most of the night with Jaxon. He sleeps so so good and so long when he is sleeping on my chest and laying on his stomach. So I decided while he was in a deep sleep to put him on his stomach next to me on the couch and he slept for hours. I cant remember exactly how long now but I was very surprised.
So Friday night I wanted to sleep in the nursery on the daybed to try to get some better sleep. I have been SO exhausted. Like the kind of exhausted only a new mother can really relate to.
During the weekend, its daddy duty, so Chris gets up with him during the night. Well I wake up Saturday morning super early. Like 6. And I realize that I don't think I heard Jaxon cry all night long. I thought to myself. Holy crap, did this kid sleep through the whole night? (of course Chris gets off that easy UGH)
Well Chris wakes up and what do you know. Jaxon really did sleep through the night. All because he was sleeping on his stomach. I couldn't believe it!
So Saturday night I slept in our bed again and wanted to see it for myself. We fed him at about 11:45 and put him on his stomach in the co sleeper and he didn't wake up until 8 o'clock this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 straight hours of baby sleeping! I never ever thought I would see the day.
But I really really hope this isn't just a phase and it at least lasts for a while. I need sleep SO bad.
I know most people would try to sleep during the day when the baby is napping, but I am not a napper. I am not a day sleeper. I just cant do it :( So I end up with just a few hours of sleep every night and its really getting to me.
Well now that its Sunday night I am back on the clock ;)
So tonight I am really skeptical that he will sleep all night just because I am the one who will be getting up with him now. That is so my luck :(
I will report back tomorrow with how tonight goes. Wish me luck and sleep. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment