Wednesday, October 9, 2013

17 week bumpdate!

  • His rubbery cartilage is now turning to bone.
  • And he's growing some meat on those bones -- putting on some fat.
  • He's growing a stronger, thicker umbilical cord, too.
  • About 5 1/2 inches long!!
  • Mastering the yawn
  • Baby hiccups but mom wont feel it yet
  • Should be feeling the baby move very soon!
  • Baby can hear outside noises and mom and dad talking, etc.

  •  


    How far along? 17 weeks 6 days (I'm actually 18 weeks today Yay! I'm a day late posting this)
    What fruit size is your baby? Onion! 
    I just have to say, I hate these fruit comparisons. I think they are pretty inaccurate. I mean, my baby is literally bigger then that onion. CRL is at least 5 inches. How do you accurately measure an onion and compare that to a fetus? I don't get it.
    Belly in Inches: 34 1/4
    Symptoms: Nasal congestion, which I have read is a normal symptom around this time. And I sure do have it. I have to blow my nose all the time. I had a random nose bleed last night. Sneezing. Its crazy. I have never sneezed this much in my life. I don't know if its allergies or pregnancy. Pregnancy brain. Yes, this is a REAL thing. Increased appetite. I'm hungry all the time.      
     Weight gain: I'm between 128-129.
    Sleep: Sleeping is going good. I might wake up in the middle of the night and lay there for an hour or so because my brain doesn't stop thinking about stuff I literally have no control over but that is nothing unusual. I have noticed I've cut down to peeing like once a night!! 
    Best moment this week: Getting these in the mail from my dad and stepmom!
    Are they not the cutest thing you've ever seen!! They are tiny! My stepmom, Wendy, wrote that she wants our little man to prepared for his first beach trip! (which I have no idea when that is) LOL He will probably out grow these little trunks before its even warm enough to wear them. But I don't care. They are just adorable. I cried when I saw them cause they are so cute and I wanted to put them on the baby right then and there! LOL
    Food cravings:  Nothing. Literally nothing. Its hard for me to even decide what to eat for lunch or dinner because I have no craving for anything.   
    Have you started to show yet: Yes. For sure. Its definitely official that I have a good size bump.
    Gender prediction: Its a boy!
    Looking forward to: Booking our spot in our birth class. I have decided to go with Birth Boot Camp which has been approved by my midwife. This class was recommended to me by my best friends friend. So thank you Lizzi. Even though you will probably never see this! Lol (I think we will start these classes at the beginning of December) I'm also looking forward to this weekend. NBR but we are having a neighborhood yard sale and I am just SO ready to get some crap out of the garage and get some extra cash in our pockets. Other then that I cant think of anything else exciting going on.



     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment