Sunday, March 30, 2014

Where do I even start?!

I do have a baby!!! That is the good news!

The bad news... my birth plan went the completely wrong direction :(

Remember me saying a csection would be the worst possible scenario? Yea, well that happened. But not after I worked and labored my ass off! For a straight 47 hours. I dont wanna get too much into the details of the labor and birth yet because I plan on writing my birth story. And what a story it is. Not the story I wish I had to tell :(

I am of course grateful for my perfect and healthy son. But I am having to grieve the birth that I prepared so hard to have. Its not a situation that you just say 'Eh it happened what can I do.' and move on. I am always thinking, 'damn, I wish it didnt turn out that way'
My family has literally mourned for me. They knew how bad I wanted an all natural birth in my birth center.

My son Jaxon James was born Sunday March 23rd at 2:30am. Just 2 1/2 hours from sharing his birthday with his daddy.
He was 7.11lbs and 21" long. Long baby.

He is so absolutely positively perfect. Literally one of the most beautiful babies I have ever laid eyes on. And I'm not being biased ;)
I know its so cliche, but I love him so so much. Its amazing how much you love your baby. Now I understand everything other moms talk about when it comes to their babies.

I was in the hospital from Saturday evening until Tuesday afternoon, and that is after being at the birth center from 3:30am Friday until Saturday evening laboring the entire time.
I loved the hospital we were at. I will highly recommend it to anyone wanting to have a hospital birth. The doctor that I ended up having was very naturally minded and csection was the last thing she wanted to do unless it was absolutely necessary, which it was in the end. And all the nurses kept telling me that she was the best doc to have for a section because I guess my scar should turn out perfectly or something.
And speaking of the nurses, they were so amazing! Specifically this one nurse who we just loved!! She made me feel so good the minute we got there. I never once felt judged for coming in from the birth center. My midwife did good because she is the one that told us this was the hospital to go to for transfer.

There are so many things that have happened during the last week that I dont think I could even try to write about it all. I will talk about some of the details soon like how nursing is going and how that started out after he was born. And then I will of course write my birth story and I have incredible pictures to help tell that story.

We have been so blessed with so much support. We are so lucky. And speaking of support. My husband. I dont even know where to begin with explaining how amazing he is. He was by side every single second of my labor and now my recovery. Didnt complain one single time no matter how extreme it got. I dont know what I did to deserve such an amazing man. I am so serious. He is just the best husband and dad. And we have had to grow into being parents together and it has been an awesome and crazy experience. Being a daddy has come completely natural to him. I am so proud to be his wife. He really does deserve the world and I wish I could give it to him.

But for now. I am going to feed my son some pumped booby milk and watch Frozen with Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment