Wednesday, January 22, 2014

'The Big Day' bag packing lists

I guess its about that time for me to start this list. I will probably start the actual packing part soon (maybe in a couple/few weeks) but just wanted to write it out so I can come back and print it when its time to start packing. I'm sure I'll be finding stuff to add to the list for the next week or so before I start to actually pack.
This is not the final draft. I will probably be on this daily adding or changing stuff.

Quick reference "IT's TIME" list:
  • Mom's Bag
  • Dad's Bag
  • Baby Bag (diaper bag)
  • Carseat (should already be installed in car)
  • Phones & chargers
  • Camera, Tripod & charger (should be packed in a bag ready to go) 
  • Towel and trashbag for car (in case of my water breaking before/during the car ride.)
  • Plastic bag
For Mom:
  • Sports Bra or Tank to wear during labor (something to wear in water for laboring in birth tub)
  • Black Underwear
  • Black comfy/pj pants to wear after delivery
  • P.J.'s/something comfy to change into for nursing/visitors after the birth
  • Nursing tank (to wear after delivery)
  • Nursing bra
  • Slippers
  • Warm socks
  • Nursing pillow (boppy)
  • Something to wear home (one that fit when you were around 6 months pregnant)
Daddy's Bag:
  • Cell phones & chargers
  • Camera & chargers
  • Shorts to wear if he decides to get in the birthing tub with me at some point
  • Comfy change of clothes
  • A shirt with no graphics on it (and I specifically say this because when someone is in there snapping our pictures I dont want him to be in some t shirt that has some stupid picture or saying on it and that be in all of our birthing pics. call me a control freak, I dont care ;)   )
Toiletries:
  • Nursing pads
  • Big pads for after delivery (there will be a lot more to this then just pads. I will update this later)
  • Contact solution & glasses
  • Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant,chap stick, makeup, hairbrush, shampoo, soap, lotion, hair dryer, hair ties and bobby pins.
  • Coconut oil
  • Bath tub blow up pillow
For Baby:
  • A few different outfits
  • Carseat
  • Warm blankets
  • Going home outfit
  • Mittens (to wear so they dont scratch their face)
  • Hat
  • Receiving blankets
  • Newborn diapers
  • Wipes

  • Snack Food & Drink for mom and dad (YES I am allowed to eat and drink whatever I want during labor, you dont get this option in a hospital :)  )
  • Camera & Charger
  • Carseat
  • Ipod for music & earphones
  • Cell phone & charger
  • Back massager (vibrating one)
  • Contact solution

2 comments:

  1. Will the birthing center give you pads? The hospital gave me these giant pads that looked like they could soak up an entire river and they were WONDERFUL! Much better than anything I could have gotten elsewhere.

    Also - I hear you on the shirt for your hubby! Shawn wore a stupid concert t-shirt under the button up I bought him for our Christmas pictures and you can see the top of it in our picture because he didn't button all of the buttons. I was pissed! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they will give me some but I'm sure it wont be enough. I was just gonna get the biggest ones I could find in Always brand. Thats what I have seen recommened on The Bump a lot and other 'lists'. Hopefully they will do. Maybe I can find hospital grade ones on Amazon?

      And I mentioned the shirt thing to my husband the other night and he just rolled his eyes at me. He best believe he'll do what I say if he knows whats good for him ;) Haha!

      Delete