Thursday, January 9, 2014

It has come to this...

I couldnt take it anymore and figured it was time to make the change. There are many benefits to sitting on an exercise ball towards the end of pregnancy anyway.
But I sit, allll day, at work and my hips were starting to hurt so bad I couldnt take it anymore. I just had a regular office chair. Its a nice chair but not when you are 8 months pregnant.

Once again, if there is something I can do to help with strengthening my woman parts/muscles for labor and birth I will do it. I like to bounce on these anyway, I have one at home that I occasionally sit on. So I hope I will benefit a lot from sitting on one all day at work.



Just for fun. Here are some benefits to this:

Via BabyCentre

How can I use my birth ball during pregnancy?

Your birth ball will come in very handy during the later stages of your pregnancy. You can use it to:

Sit comfortably while you're working or relaxing
You may find your ball much more comfortable, and easier to get on and off, than a hard chair or soft sofa.

Also, sitting on a birth ball gives you a mini-workout. As you rock or bounce on it gently, your tummy and back muscles will be working hard to keep you upright (Watkins 2001).

Get some gentle exercise
Using your birth ball is a fun way to improve your posture and balance, and to exercise your tummy muscles. Exercising your tummy muscles during pregnancy can help your body to support the weight of your pregnancy. It can also protect your back, and help you get back into shape quickly after you've given birth (Watkins 2001). Try:
  • Sitting on the ball and rocking your pelvis from side to side and front to back.
  • Rotating your hips clockwise then anti-clockwise.
  • Leaning over your ball from a kneeling position, then rocking your hips forward and back.

You may also want to try exercising your pelvic floor while sitting on your birth ball.

Help change the position of your baby in late pregnancy
If your baby is in a posterior (back-to-back) position, adopting upright, forward-leaning positions may encourage him to switch around.

Try sitting or squatting and leaning over your birth ball, always with your knees lower than your hips. This may encourage your baby's back to swing forward so he's in an anterior position, with his back towards your bump. Although your baby may not stay that way until you go into labour, it may give you some temporary relief from backache (Hunter et al 2007, Simkin and Ancheta 2011).

Practise positions for labour
If you try out different positions for labour while you're still pregnant, you'll know how they feel and which are comfortable for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment