All last week it was very painful and the way it was scabbing was weird and I was just paranoid. I feel bad posting pictures because it is so gross Lol
I think one thing that caused issues was using the A&D ointment. I think it was really irritating my tattoo instead of helping it.
I first noticed my arm was really red all around my tattoo (I know that its normal for some redness when its new). And it was hot like there might be an infection but at this point it hasn't started scabbing. This was 3 days after I got it. See how it is so red around it... way worse in person
This is the next day.. 4 days after I got it. The night before I took this I decided to go to bed with it dry and not put any ointment on it and instantly starting scabbing. So I think that keeping it dry helped the healing process overnight. Actually in this picture there aren't any scabs, its just peeling like a sunburn.. I started putting Aquaphor on it and stopped using the A&D.
This picture is today 8 days after. It is so gross. Most of the scabs have come off. But there are a couple spots that are badly scabbed. And this is gross, ugh, but there was puss coming from underneath the big scabs. Which is why I think I had a slight infection.
I also had some kind of reaction to something that caused my arm to break out! I have red spots all over my arm. Its way worse in person. I am not allergic to anything so I have no idea what caused this. I have started putting coconut oil on my arm and tattoo instead of anything else. I think its helping.
I tried to show the breakout on my arm but you can barely see it. There's red pimply things all over my arm.. like some kind of rash..
So anyway, if you read this disgusting post then I'm sorry. But I just wanted to update about my tattoo. I don't remember having this problem with any of my others and I really hope it heals perfectly. I'm pretty worried. I did contact my tattoo artist about it and he said to stop using the A&D so I did but didn't really have any other advice. And I don't blame him for this at all.
I had a friend mention that maybe my body is healing differently because of hormone changes? I thought that was a good point but I have no idea. I will update again in another week! Hopefully its not as gross :)
No comments:
Post a Comment