While I was pregnant I couldn't explain why but I was really drawn to anchors. I ended up doing my sons nursery in nautical, mostly anchors and I have always thought of my son when I see an anchor on anything. Again, I'm not sure why. But I love them! I wanted to do something crazy and get a tattoo on my forearm. There are more deeper emotions to why I got this but I'll skip that part.
Well as I was searching for ideas for my tattoo I came across this quote and it put everything together.
'A son is the anchor to a Mothers soul'.
It was perfect! I was like, well no wonder I love anchors and how perfect is that quote to finally put it into words. So I knew I was doing the right thing. I have had no doubts!
My birthday is coming up so its also a birthday gift from my husband. And I'm so glad my sister Lindsey came with me for moral support.
I forgot how bad tattoos hurt. Holy crap!! It's so addicting though. And the guy that did my tattoo is awesome! Awesome doesn't even fully describe his talent! I will never go to anyone else to get my tattoos. He is it! I Love it!!
Here are the progress pictures and I have a video of me getting it at the end of the post!











No comments:
Post a Comment