We changed his outfit and wiped him down with a warm cloth and he was not a happy camper. So I snuggled and rocked him in the glider and he passed out. And I decided to put him in his crib for a nap for the first time. I went in there to take a picture and eyes wide open. But I snapped a picture and left the room and he's been quiet the whole time. Maybe he fell back asleep. I'll get the hubs to check on that right now.....
Oh boy, I sent my husband in to check on him and he walks back out and says 'he was asleep when I walked in but my toe popped and woke him up' I gave him 'the look' he says 'I have poppy toes'
Jeez. But anyway.
Look at this baby tear I caught... so sad but so sweet. Its at the bottom corner of his eye
Yesterday I drove for the first time in almost a month! My husband went to a movie with a friend and I wanted to get out of the house. FREEDOM! Me and Jax went to my moms house.
Post partum update: 3 weeks
Exercise: Ha! This is a joke right... We take walks around the block a couple times a week. That's about it for my exercise.
Breast or bottle: I am still pumping. But I am not doing it like I should be if I were to be exclusively pumping. I only do it in the morning and before bed. My heart just isn't into it. I tried to get him to latch yesterday and he just still cant do it. It makes me sad. Pumping is just a pain in the ass and it stresses me out. It puts a lot of pressure on me. I know that sounds dumb and that my milk is the best thing for him and I know that. But I have dealt and been dealing with a lot emotionally and pumping is just adding more stress on me. My husband doesn't understand. He knows I am here at home all day and doesn't understand what the big deal is. And I totally get his point but wish he could understand mine.
I cant really pinpoint exactly what my issue is. I feel like an idiot for not having a legit reason that I don't want to pump. It is really annoying to deal with the whole breast pump and all the parts. There are a lot and hooking it all up and then hooking it up to your boobs and having to sit there and pump and its SO uncomfortable. You cant sit back and relax and I just want it to be over as soon as it starts.
I would say I pump on average 2.5 oz each time. Which is nothing! I don't have a stash at all. I just pump and put the bottle in the fridge and then take it out when its time to feed him. But I always have a bottle ready in the fridge. But at night I feed him just formula. And we give him a little bit during the day. I don't know what will happen in the next week. Maybe I'll still be pumping, maybe I wont. I don't know yet.
Sleeping: I do have to say that he is an amazing baby at night. Not perfect, but what baby is at night. He wakes up about every three hours and just needs changed and fed and then rocked back to sleep. Its pretty easy. But forcing yourself to wake up and get out of your warm bed really sucks.
Baby schedule: No schedule. I think he's still too little to work on that yet
Mood: My mood is pretty up and down. Just last night in bed randomly started thinking about my csection and started crying. Driving to my moms started thinking about it and crying. I cry about it every single day. I think I have episodes of the baby blues sometimes. I just get really down and depressed. Like right now, my mood is perfectly fine. I feel normal. But then other times I get really down and blue and cry a lot.
I have been taking my vitamins and my placenta pills. I cant say whether they are working or not but I will keep taking them. I do have to say thank goodness for The Bump and the girls on my forum. I can vent to them and they are so supportive of everything and anything. They find the right words to say to help get through whatever it is that is bothering me. I vented to them about the pumping thing and they were nothing but supportive and had kind words to lift me back up. Its like having an amazing group of friends that are going through the same thing you are. Having The Bump girls during my pregnancy and now has been a life saver.
Now for belly pictures... This is 3 weeks post partum. My belly was a lot bigger the last couple of weeks. It has gone down a lot and I hope it keeps going down. My scar is right below the top of my pants. I don't get up close and personal to look at it. It bothers me and I hate it and I hate looking at it. So I have made my husband check it out and he always says its looking great. I hope it starts to fade and looks almost non existent. Its low enough that I will be able to wear a bikini no problem but I don't really care too much about that. I just want to wear normal underwear again! I tried to wear a pair yesterday and the band sits right on my scar and that freaks me out. Looks like I might have to look into legit granny panties ;) The high rise kind. Haha
41 weeks
Still have my linea negra. But that should fade eventually... No stretch marks on the belly! Whoo hoo! I had a beautiful pregnant belly. But I did and still do have them on my hips and butt. But that is easily able to be covered up
Oh and here is a sleeping squishy finally :) And he has socks on his hands because those mittens are crap!






You're very lucky that you didn't get stretch marks on the belly. I think that's been the hardest for me to adjust to, emotionally. I didn't get them till 39 weeks. :( whenever I get depressed about them I just look at her and remind myself that she's worth every one of them.
ReplyDelete