I haven't done any updates about the necklace 'business'.. But when I started it, it was a hit with all my beautiful March moms. I had a ton of orders and a lot of great feedback. I would get a bunch of orders for the week and then the next week would get maybe one. And then have a busy week and then a slow week. That's how it went for a while. Which was fine!
Then one week I just stopped promoting and doing anything with it because something was brought up about having insurance and liability crap and it scared me. Don't worry, no one said something directly to me. It was actually a friend who started a FB page for her little 'business' and someone said something to her about insurance and then she mentioned it to me and it freaked me out a bit.
I felt like a knife went into my gut because I loved making these necklaces for my friends! It was giving me something to do and focus on. And it felt great! And its actually how I was able to buy my Girasol RR..
Well I took a break from it for a while because I didn't know what to do. Then one day I decided to start back up and things got kind of busy again.
A few weeks back I sent a message to the owner of the cloth diaper store. I've talked with her a few times in the store and she is awesome and easy to talk to. I told her I would love for her to see my necklaces and see what she thinks about having them in her store. She said to bring some by so she could look at them. Well I kept putting it off because I wasn't sure what to really do.
Then about a week or so ago she posted something on Facebook looking for WAHM (Work at Home Moms) who make natural products and natural parenting products. Including baby products of course because that is what her store is pretty much about. So I once again messaged her and she again told me to bring some by. I made like 4 or 5 necklaces with what I had on hand and took them up to show her. She loved them!! She told me how to consign in her store and that she thinks they would sell out fast!
I was so excited! I ended up making 14 necklaces for the first stocking! I took them up there yesterday and actually spent a couple hours up there hanging out with her. I of course had Jaxon and it was just nice to get out of the house.
Well today I was on Facebook and saw this...
I instantly had butterflies and the nervous I need to throw up feeling Lol just because it was exciting and scary. She hasn't sent me the picture of them up in the store but she said she would. So maybe I will go by there tomorrow and see! I hope these are a hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment